Crystal Quartz Roller
Made from quartz crystal this dual-ended roller is carved from the crystal to make a game-changing addition to your skin care (and self-care) ritual. Use daily to improve blood circulation and skin tone, elasticity of the skin, promote lymphatic drainage, reduce puffiness, wrinkles and dark under eye circles, eliminate toxins, and tighten and reduce pore size. By utilizing ancient methodology to increase micro-circulation in your skin and stimulate lymphatic drainage while massaging skin and underlying muscles. A perfect way to supplement your daily skin care ritual, not only does the texture of the stone feel infinitely soothing (ideal at the end of a loooong day) and reduce puffiness, the rolling motion also boosts elimination of accumulated toxins and helps to bring relief from stubborn tension headaches if you roll it on your temples. Firming and toning the skin as it rolls, this elegant tool can also help to minimize discoloration and even out texture, tone and clarity. Use it around your eyes and, with regular use, fine lines can be reduced and dark circles diminished – it even works to reduce persistent wrinkles. Store in the fridge to enhance the relaxing and tightening benefits.
You can use face rollers over a sheet mask to help the ingredients penetrate more deeply, but you can also use a face roller as the final step in your skincare routine for the same reason, to boost the absorption of your products, like a favorite serum or moisturizer. Face rolling over makeup can give skin a beautiful healthy glow and helps achieve a more natural, less made-up finish.
You can keep your face roller chilled in the fridge. While most crystal face rollers stay cold naturally, using an extra-chilled tool tightens pores and wakes up a weary face at the end of a long day (or early in the morning), making it particularly good to use before an event. It’s also great to use for headaches.
You can also warm it to use like a hot stone massager. Dip it in hot water for 30 seconds, dry and then use over a sheet mask, serum or face cream. It’s so relaxing. Can also be used without products for simple massage.
How to use a face roller
1. Always do face rolling upwards and in one direction – never roll up and down.
2. Repeat up to five upward rolls in each area. First, roll outwards under the jawline.
3. Next, use the face roller to roll out, towards your hairline, under the cheekbones and then along them. Rolling the face from the center of the face in an outward direction.
4. Lastly, roll flat along the brows, and then upwards on the forehead.
5. Work more slowly over the neck and jawline, but be brisk to firm over and under the cheeks
6. I typically use the jade facial roller after I go through my night time skin care routine which includes a handful of facial oils and helps them submerge deeper into the skin. If I'm not in a rush in the morning, I'll also take a few extra minutes to use the smaller end of the roller around my eyes to reduce puffiness.